Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Drunken Flowers"

I finished my quilt of the flower photographs, it turned out beautifully. The title comes from the pattern name "Drunkard's Path" Lots of stitching, even in the background printed areas. I used 3 shades of thread in each area, in a random zigzag. The color came out quiet good, I think using the colored pencils helped, I had also started with the delphinium in the top corner, which is the lightest anyway. The flowers are - delphinium, columbine, bee balm, anemone, mallow, peony, lily of the valley, Stoke's aster and grape hyacinth.

No comments:

Post a Comment