Sunday, May 13, 2012
I mono-printed on the gelli plate, a set of Birch trees, with a new stencil that I got at the Portland show. Peggy and I decided that working in a series was a good way to go with the printing. We could try different aspects of the printing process by varying the techniques. The trees were printed in Black and purple acrylics, and a ghost print was pulled from each. The set blended together in a row, to create a horizontal scene. I added "snippets" to the top for tree foliage, and cut out leaves and ferns to the bottom. My husband Charlie suggested a bird to add a focal point and movement, a second bird helped even more to bring your eye across the horizontal piece. I can't wait to quilt the birch trees in silver and lavender rayon threads, the texture it will add will be amazing!!