Sunday, February 15, 2015

Dear Jane by the Numbers

I spent last weekend, taking out each block and counting the number of pieces that I used. My count at the moment is 4687. Your count my be different than mine, it depends on how you drafted your templates and the sewing techniques you used. In several blocks, I had to sew scraps together to make a large enough piece of fabric to cut out the shape. I counted this as two pieces. Jane must have counted all the sashing, setting triangles and scallops, her total is 5603 pieces, and she embroidered it on the quilt, very unusual for quilts in that time frame. I found one mistake that I made, I left off a paper pieced triangle on the triangle block, left side, 10th from top. I left it in, I'm not going to fix it. Does anyone have a template for the scallops around the edge? It is not in my book. I don't have the CD with templates.
Row I has the fewest pieces, 271, row L has the most, 332.
5 is the lowest number of pieces per block.
Two blocks have 49 pieces.
One block has 50 pieces.
One corner has 68 pieces.
There will be 56 setting triangles, and 64 scallops and 4 corner scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment