Sunday, October 15, 2017

Doing Nada

I've been in a mood lately, haven't done much sewing at all. Although with the Fyber Café arts group, we had a couple of workshops at my house this summer. We made felted wool, round vessels around oranges and limes and grapefruit. They came out great and we had tons of fun.
I got the idea from someone on the Off the Wall Fridays website, but can't remember who from, or find the website again, sorry, I'll give credit if someone informs me. We also had a painting day, doing aprons for our group to wear at events. I cut a stencil with my Brother Scan N Cut machine, of "FYBER CAFE" and we each put it on to the top of the aprons from Dharma. Also did printing, stencils, silk screens with acrylic on the aprons, using the paint as a resist.
The next get together we did ice dying on fabric and the aprons and some shibori/ indigo tied on pipes. The big news is I have cleaned up the "Man Cave" after the death of my husband, I have been putting this off. I want to use the basement room for dyeing, painting, printing, gelatin mono printing, stencils, as a wet studio. This incentive finally drove me to doing it, a month of sorting, cleaning, organizing, tossing trash(rusty nails, wood scraps) move the camp gear to the garage, and various other chores. I also cleaned out and painted a built in cupboard and decided to put new 12" adhesive vinyl tiles on the floor. The light tiles over the dark old stuff made the room brighter and seem bigger. I don't know what to do with the whole wall of bright orange pegboard, ha ha ha. For the future, I have to look forward to: Craft Napa in January, if it is still there after the fires, and a quilting cruise to Alaska in May with 8 artists from Fyber Café. That should get me back in the mood! I've been going up to Eugene with several other artists for the regional SAQA meeting once a month, with a lunch get together first. I'll link this to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Friday" click on the badge to the right to see what other talented textile artists are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment