Friday, January 18, 2019

Gelatin Printed Triangles

I taught a short class last week to Fyber Café on gelatin mono printing. We had so much fun, that I scheduled a full day class for early March at Create and Sip. I've been watching You Tube and getting even more ideas. When I got home I sorted through my gelatin printed fabric to see what needed second layers of paint. I found a whole pile of triangle scraps from the prayer flags I made my sister last year. So I began sewing them together in pairs and cut long 3 x 8" triangles from them. Laying them out I decided to add some half square triangles for more angles and interest.
It finished up as a nice size. You can see the wonderful textures and colors of all the variety of fabrics. It was very random, but I did put the orange triangles together, to add a focal point.
A closer view shows the prints. I am happy with it, don't know what I'll do with it though, or what I'll name it. I seldom make anything abstract, or geometric, I am very pictorially focused. So this was quiet a deviation for me.
I also found a small 8" x 10" gelatin print, that was already quilted and bound, and had a bag of vintage buttons with it. I spent a few days adding the buttons, and really like it. I've titled it "My Mother's Buttons" because they came from my Mom's stash. I am linking this with Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday" click here to see what other textile artists are doing this week.

2 comments: