Thursday, November 17, 2022

LOST AND FOUND

I lost all my quilt photos!! Oh My God, what the heck happened. My hard drive crashed, unsaveable! I was very proud of having a photo of all my quilts, nothing left the house without a photo. I had backed up quiet a few on a thumb drive, but not the last few years. I was thinking of going through all the quilts I still had and taking photos. A BIG job, and the ones I had sold or gifted or given to charity were lost. Then in bed one night, a light bulb exploded in my head, MY BLOG!! I could save and download the photos from my blog!. oh, what a relief. So I spent the last few days going through my blog and downloading all the photos back to my computer. I am sure not everything I made was blogged about, especialy the easy baby quilts I donated to charity, but better than all lost. My first blog post was Wed. August 17, 2009, over 14 years of quilting, out of 49 years. I made my first quilt in a high school textiles class, in 1973, handmade and hand quilted. I have come a long way! The last few years I have not quilted much, after my husband passed away. I was depressed for 3 years and did not sew at all. A friend has gotten me quilting again, sewing at least one day a week at the local quilt shop. I have finished quiet a few unfinished projects, and cleaned up my sewing room. A 2 day quilt guild retreat encouraged me some more, and the week long retreat in September helped a great deal in inspiring me to return to what I love doing. I just returned from the shop retreat on the northern Oregon coast. A whole week of quilting!! I will get some pics posted soon. So I learned a few leasons, backup, backup, back up! Don't chance losing your records of your work. I also relearned my love of quilting, art quilting in particular. Looking back through years of blog posts, I see how much progress I have made in my quilt journey, how prolific I was, how much I loved doing it, and how much I had forgotten. So I promise to return to my blogging, my quilting and sharing everything with you. sincerely, Amy Vetter.

No comments:

Post a Comment