Saturday, March 22, 2014

Housework

Housework?? You ask what is that? It's something that gets in the way of my quilting and gardening. We've had beautiful spring weather and am I outside enjoying it? NO! I've gotta clean house 'cause company is coming. Spring break is here (I drive school bus), and instead of quilting and relaxing, I get to clean. At least it is family we want to see, and we'll have fun, but still... house cleaning...really! I work a split shift, drive kids to school, and several hours later, take them home, so I have about 5 hours in the middle of the day, to be creative. I would much rather quilt/paint/embellish/print/etc... then clean, any time, any day. But then I suffer the consequences, I have to get all the cleaning done at once. So it is really my fault, I'm a great procrastinator!!!! My husband usually vacuums and does the bathroom, and his own laundry, yes, I am lucky, but since he is sick, I've gotta do it all, including taking out the trash and mowing the lawn. Whine, whine, whine, stop procrastinating and get back to work Amy! our local quilt guild show is coming up in April, so I'll get something finished for that soon. Come and see it, the best show in Southern Oregon! at the Douglas County Fairgrounds, Roseburg, Oregon, April 11, 12, and 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment