Friday, June 12, 2015

Now What?

Faced with the first day off of work, I am faced with a dilemma, what to do? Mow the lawn, weed the garden, Baby quilt that has a due date(I mean deadline), goof off, paint fabric, keep quilting my Dear Jane, go thru my closet and throw stuff out, eat chocolate for breakfast, clean my studio? The choices are too many! It boggles the mind. Without my husband here to interfere with my plans, I am at a loss as to what to do first. If I was stealing bits of time around him, it would be easy, a little of this or a little of that. But now, the time is ALL MINE, WOW! I am just wandering without focus. I always knew I work best with a deadline, I plug away at something and it gets done on time. But no structure at all to my day, just plain weird. I never thought my husband's passing would leave me feeling like this. I have lots of activities scheduled for the summer, a retreat, several quilt shows, group art workshops, visit my sister in Seattle, but without a day to day plan, I am a bit lost. I did manage to sleep until 7am, after getting up at 4:30 every morning, that seams like heaven. So I think I'll just sip my tea in the garden, in the cool summer morning, and read my book and just relax. That is the "goof off" part of the "to do list."

No comments:

Post a Comment