Saturday, February 25, 2012

Daffodils & Crocus


After my morning walk thinking of daffodils, I stopped up the hill and took photos of a neighbor's crocus, that are already blooming, there are daffodils blooming also, so my estimate was a little off. I went home and went through my photos, and selected several to print onto fabric. I pre-treat the fabric with "Bubble Jet Set" and iron on a freezer paper backing, and trim it to 8 1/2" x 11". I run it through my computer, just like regular paper, but I change the printer setting to a heavier weight paper, like card stock or something similar. I wanted vertical strips, to emphasize the tall flowers, I added some lavender crocus flowers to add color, I filled in with some of my hand dyed light green fabric. I added a border of darker green Bali Batik, as none of my hand dyed fabric was a darker green. I am going to thread paint it with rayon threads, with free motion machine quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment