Friday, April 6, 2012

Umpqua Valley Quilters' Guild Show

The Umpqua Valley Quilters' Guild Show is next weekend, Fri, Sat & Sun, April 13, 14, 15, 2012. At the Douglas County Fairgrounds, Roseburg, Oregon, right on Interstate 5, exit 123. I took my entries in today, two art quilts, "Helebore" and "Sea, Sand and Light" I have high hopes for them ;) This is the first time in 20 years, that I will miss the quilt show, I am flying to Chicago for my nieces wedding on Wednesday. Even when I had my hysterectomy, we borrowed a wheelchair, and Charlie pushed me around the show. Going up to Portland last weekend for their show helped a little, but our show was always such a big deal here. I think we have the best show in the state of Oregon, though some shows have more vendors. We have been averaging over 300 quilts, each of the last few years! I only took in the two quilts, because all mine this last year were art quilts, I didn't have anything I could put in other more traditional categories. If you have a chance don't miss this awesome show, the guild works very hard on it every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment