Sunday, August 9, 2015

H20 Row by Row

I am participating in the national "Water Row by Row" challenge, participating quilt shops have a free pattern, that you ask for when you GO into the shops. Since I was traveling to NY and IL this summer, that gave me the opportunity to get extra patterns I would not normally get.
Here are my first four Water Row by Row strips. The top one, koi & lily pads, is from Utica, NY. The next, beach & courthouse steps, from Chicks & a Rooster in Sutherlin, Oregon. Sunset Beach with the bright colors is from Rome, NY. And the landscape with cabin is from Everything Sew Nice in Myrtle Creek, OR. A little bit of piecing, but mostly fused and raw edge applique, it has been fun picking the fabrics, I bought several water and sky fabrics on my journeys. I have 15 patterns, so far, I made a trip South of Roseburg yesterday, to Dillard and two shops in Myrtle Creek. Now to plan a trip to the coast, for another 3 or 4. That should about do it. No I take that back, we are going to the Portland "Quilt, Knit & Stitch" show on the 14th, we always stop at Greenbaum's Quilted Forest in Salem, and Fabric Depot in Portland. This could be a big quilt, I am mulling over possible ways to set so many strips together.

No comments:

Post a Comment