Monday, August 3, 2015

H2O Row by Row

At our last Fyber Cafe meeting, Pat G. & Lorraine were doing a National Row by Row Challenge. It is themed "water" and each participating shop has designed a free pattern. I checked their website click here and also some of the state Facebook pages. Created to get business into the shops, you must go to each and request a pattern. We are fortunate to have 8 shops with in an easy driving distance, and even more on the Oregon coast. The theme is very open and diverse, patterns range from scenic rivers, lighthouse, sailboats, to frogs,turtles, dolphins, whales, fish and rubber ducks. The Universety of Oregon football team's mascot is the duck, so a lot of local patterns have this cute rubber creature. I was quiet jazzed about this, since I was going to be traveling out of state. On my way to the Eugene airport, I hit 4 shops, and I printed out shops in NY, WIS, and Illinois. My sister-in-law was more than happy to search out shops around Utica NY. We found three, at Rome, New Hartford, and Utica. The Utica pattern is koi and water lilies! Score! We had planned on going to the 3 stores in Syracuse also, but my niece chose that day to have her baby! Onward, to Northern Illinois, stops at Batavia, and Geneva. We helped my nephew move into Chicago one day, and found the aptly named Second City Quilt Co. very close to his new place, and open on Sunday. Their pattern was a curve topped fire hydrant, that is distinctly Chicago. The search continues, as I head home, with a heavy fabric addition to my luggage. It has been lots of fun seeing the different shops, each has their own style and fabric choices. I can't wait to get home and start sewing these patterns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment