Thursday, August 13, 2009

Adventures in Fabric Dyeing, part III

Adventures in fabric dyeing, part III. Time flies when you are having fun!! Intense focus is the best way to describe the day. I didn't want to waste a moment of it. I didn't worry about decisions of what to do next, I just let it flow, I suppose you could call it creativity. I wasn't trying to be creative, just letting things happen naturally, not OVER THINKING any of it. Letting my subconscience make the decisions, working intuitively. I already know color theory, balance and design fundamentals, so I let my inner child make the decisions, based on everything I have absorbed in past years of learning. I was certainly working in repetitive patterns, stamping the wax. But there were no rows, no eveness or symetry. I turned the shapes every which way, overlapped them, and put them off the edge of the fabric. Spontonaity and intuitiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment