I've been playing with some small gift items, a change purse from a Valori Wells pattern. I made several with ladybugs, frogs, butterflies and cute sewing mice. They are quick and easy, and nice to have around when you need a quickie gift. I need to go buy more snaps, or start using Velcro for the closure.
I fussy cut the butterflies and the mice, and the only problem when using a directional print like the frogs, is they end up, upside down on the flap. The lavender leaf print was a Gelli Print I made with acrylic paints, I added some free motion quilting to it, to get more texture. None of them have batting, but there is a layer of heavy iron on interfacing.
There was a fun little zippered bag on a blog, and I kick myself because I did not write down the name of the blog. I thought I had saved it, but can't find it now. Any way, I used two of the pieces of discharged fabric I made with the decolourant, and lavender zippers. They were also very quick, but I wish they had some lining for a stabilizer, to hold their shape better. Maybe some interfacing will help.