Friday, April 11, 2014

Blue Stencil Pillow

My husband was whining about needing a new nap pillow for the couch, the other was so old it was wearing away. I had already discharged this piece of fabric when I was playing with my botanical stencils. It is a rich blue, linen type fabric, I've already made him a table topper with it. I quickly put on borders for the 16" square size,layered it with batting and a piece of muslin and free motion machine stitched it. I used rayon threads, light blue on the design and dark blue stipple in the background. I had an old pillow form in the closet that had lots of stuffing, not the wimpy flat things they call pillow forms now a days. He loves it, and snuggled right up for a nap. I'm connecting this to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Friday" click on the badge at right to see other wonderful textile artists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment