Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tablet Case

I haven't been sewing for about 3 weeks, getting ready for the quilt show took a lot of work. See The Fyber Cafe blog for the Umpqua Valley Quilt Show, and the display of textile art our group put together. Family visiting for Easter, and my husband being ill, also took quiet a bit of my attention. I got a new tablet while our tech savvy family was visiting, they helped me pick one out and get it set up. So I decided to make a case for it.
This is the whole view, of it folded open, it folds in half, with a pocket inside to hold the tablet. I used a Gelli print, that I made, but did not like, so I kept printing over it with more layers until I liked it. It has deep red undertones, with metallic blues printed on with some plastic needlepoint mesh in a circle. I pieced it with a red/purple Bali batik, to make the fabric large enough. I couched some yarns around two of the circles, then used a blanket stitch in lighter blue around the remaining circles. It has a full length Velcro closure on one side, and an elastic loop to hold the stylus. I used an extra stiff/extra thick interfacing with the top layer, and also a cotton batting with the lining for softness/padding.
The inside, with the tablet in a bottom pocket, with stylus at top.
Then of course I decided I need to bead it, so I added some circular star bursts with seed and bugle beads. I will add more beads as I get time, and my hand doesn't hurt. It is a little tight, as the fabric shrunk when I free motion quilted it, but it is ok for a first effort.
I am linking this to Nina-Marie's"Off the Wall Friday" click on the badge in the right hand column to see what exciting things other textile artists are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment