Friday, June 22, 2012

Painting Layers

The "Gelli" prints from the garden tour were not finished, they needed more layers of paint and depth. I took 6 of the pieces of fern prints and added more stamped prints of ferns in a darker green, metallic gold sponged over sequin waste, a clear wash of yellow to get rid of the "off white" muslin, and a dark green fine line hexagon pattern from a silicone hot pad. All of this painting added depth and more detail to the fabric, although one piece got to be a muddy mush of greens. The before and after pictures are quiet different in tone. I hope the photos show this difference. I did not play with the ones in purple yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment