Friday, June 22, 2012

To Finish is Divine!

I finished up a few little journal pages for the garden tour, that I had started with my "Gelli" prints. Just adding a few beads, sewing sleeves down and adding labels, all the little hand sewing chores that needed to be done. The peachy one is called "Moon Wisdom" it is a gelatin print over stamped with a foam flower stamp and gold metallic dots, it needed beads in all the flower centers. The symbol was enlarged on the computer from a rubber stamp, and hand painted onto the fabric. "Purple Apple Wren" was a stencil used on the gelli plate, it was kinda blah, but I liked the blue and lavender, and the clean lines. I added white yoyo flowers with beaded centers, and extra 3-d fused lavender leaves. It still needed something and my husband suggested the white stitching on the bird, I kept adding more stitching, until it had a lot of thread painting on it, for feather detail. I was thinking of adding Angelina fibers to the blue background to spark it up, but the 3-d thread painted dragonfly added just the right touch of sparkle. My sister got it for a fundraiser in Monroe, Washington that she is in charge of. The Beatles Challenge - "Strawberry Fields Forever" got quilted in rayon threads, and bound, so another one finished! yea!





No comments:

Post a Comment