Saturday, September 14, 2013

Postcard Exchange - Laugh

This is the postcard I made for Meredith. At the last Fyber Cafe meeting, she passed around brown paper postcard blanks, we added our address and passed the card to the left. The we made an artwork on the card and sent it to the address. I used a scrap of a "Gelli" mono print on fabric, I messed up part of the piece, so I cut out the good parts and added it to the card. I painted LAUGH in blue acrylic, cause the print I made did not show up enough. I used mat medium to add two pieces of hand dyed cheesecloth. Machine free motion quilting with rayon threads, highlighted and outlined the printing. I accented it with violet thread in the cheesecloth and tiny circles in the grid. Fusing it to the back of the card and satin stitching the edge finished it nicely. Meredith was very happy to receive it and it made her laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment