Sunday, March 4, 2012

Loran's Giraffe


After the marathon procrastination session, I finally got down to finishing Loran's Christmas present. It is "Gerry the Giraffe" pattern from Linda Lee Designs, I don't usually do commercial patterns, but it was just so cute, and my sister-in-law collects giraffes. I fused the applique, and added the leaves and little blue bird to the picture. I had found some appropriate "dingle balls" and fringe trim to add to the mane, they had been out of the trim, when I bought the pattern. I added the African border print for the border, I had just enough when cut carefully, to balance it symmetrically. It took longer to quilt than I had planned, but it came out very well. So now, a trip to the post office. It is 21" x 46" just right to hang on a door.

1 comment: