Thursday, March 15, 2012

Peggy's Prints
















My friend Peggy came over several times to play with painting fabric, the first two times we made collagegraph plates and printed with them, see my previous posts. I didn't get any pics of her work then, but she brought them to the Fyber Cafe meeting for Show & Tell. The one piece is from her collagegraph of a bird, she printed it on a previously dyed piece of fabric that had curly cues on it, and added sunflowers too. The other pieces she made with a homemade gelatin plate, after I got my "Gelli Plate" They are very different from my pieces, they have lots of texture from the gelatin which had bubbles on the surface, and she used thinner paints, and got a more washed out look. She made a set of house/butterfly/tree blocks following the directions in Quilting Arts Magazine Feb/March 2012. She made paper masks for the houses, etc.. then added details with more paint, colored pencil, and Shiva oil pastels. Then the next day she made four blocks with blue/green fish and seaweed. She used foam stamps for the seaweed and sashed it with Bali batiks. We can't wait to get together next week to work on it together. Her watercolor teacher keeps telling her to use more paints, I think I used too much paint, we'll try for a compromise and experiment with more or less textile medium too.

No comments:

Post a Comment