Sunday, March 4, 2012

More Gelli Prints






Having fun!! I made more Gelli prints the other evening, just started with a few, because I knew I would add extra layers of paint and I didn't want to get overwhelmed. I keep coming back to circles, maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something. I also cut freezer paper masks of tea cups, and I really like how that worked, the second print is a ghost print with the leftover paint, when I removed the mask. I got distracted for a while, drawing images for masks. I didn't want to have to re-draw each time I wanted a teacup or butterfly, so I decided to draw a whole page and scan them into the computer. I made a page of teacups, teapot and creamers, butterflies, fruit, tulips, and my hand. Now I want to "Gelli Paint" again!! Now I can just print out a page, cut out and use the mask, with out stopping to draw each item. Go ahead and right click on the tulips, and "Save Image As" try it for yourself, and let me know what you make, share some pictures with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment