As promised in Foto Friday, here is the art quilt I made from my sunflower photo. It had two flowers in the photo, in orange yellow, I upped the saturation in Photoshop to make a brighter print. Putting treated fabric through the computer printer, with freezer paper on the back, created an 8" x 10" print. I cut it up into 3 pieces and rearranged & rotated the sections. I dug through my box of hand dyed fabric, afraid I wouldn't have any orange, but I did have several pieces. I use a lot of yellow, but not much orange. I also used a piece of dyed green with some leaf printing in acrylic paints. Cutting up rectangles of dyed fabric, and arranging them with the photo sections, made a larger lay out. Pieces of green filled in the edges.
I drew quilting lines on the hand dyed sections, to extend the flower petals in to that area. I began extensive free motion machine quilting. Thread painting the petals with 4 shades of rayon thread, yellow, orange, rust and red gave them detail, texture and shine. The centers were done with a very small stipple stitch in brown with gold highlights. The background was stippled in green and gold to finish off the quilting, and bound in Bali batik in a cinnamon color. All done in less than a week, a quick easy project for me. It is about 14" x 13" a small Autumn wall hanging.